I am a tad too excited to be talking about balloons today! I may have a terrible fear of loud noises, but I absolutely love the look of balloons (as long as they don’t pop!). Up is my favorite movie, after all. Here are a few out-of-the-box ideas for incorporating balloons into your next party. They no longer have to be relegated to the mailbox out front as a designator of the party’s location, oh no, they are far to fun for just one job!
1. Balloon Chocolate Pudding Cups. Use small balloons as molds for super fun chocolate cups. Once the chocolate is set, pop the balloons and fill the molds with pudding or ice cream for a birthday party treat!
Chocolate Cups via Bakerella
2. Balloon Save-the-Dates. You may have seen this idea floating around the blogosphere. Incorporating balloons into save-the-dates and party invitations are a fun and interactive way to announce a big event! Guests have to blow up the balloon to read the details printed on them.
3. Balloon Place Cards. Simple table tents become whimsical place cards with a balloon strung on each. These are weighed down with yummy candies too, a favor and name card in one… my favorite!
4. Yarn Balloons. Yarn dipped in glue and wrapped around large balloons makes for creative and colorful party decorations and dessert bar backdrops after the balloon itself is popped and removed. You can use any color and hang them in kids rooms after the party ends, too!
5. Hot Air Balloons. I could stare at these all day. Balloons turned into their close cousin, hot air balloons! What a great centerpiece idea for weddigns and baby showers, huh? And if you prefer a DIY hot air balloon that might last a little longer, check out this tutorial for a papier mache version!
If that wasn’t enough of a balloon fix, no worries.. I have a few balloon-themed DIY tutorials up my sleeve. And in the meantime, you can also see what Bella, my dog, thought of her Up inspired costume this year.
Have something you’d like to see in the “Five Things to do with…” series? Let me know in the comments below!