I can hardly believe we are coming up on our two year wedding anniversary already. Time has never flown so fast. With Samantha being engaged, we’ve been talking a lot about weddings in the office lately. From the “WHY DIDN’T I JUST ELOPE!?” conversations to the “So what should I register for?” ones. If you’ve been there, you know exactly what I’m talking about!
It’s actually been perfect timing, as Wayfair, who we worked with to create our wedding chargers, reached out to let me know they recently started a wedding registry service! The first registry service to offer items for every area of your home all in one place, to be exact! They’re also doing a crazy amazing sweepstakes right now where you can $20,000 towards your big day in honor of the launch so… get on that, girl!!
If you followed along in our planning, you know Jeff and I had been living together for so long that we didn’t really need a lot of the typical registry items. Or so we thought…. haha! Turns out, two years in there’s a few things we’ve had to buy/wished we had that made me think “Why in the world did we not register for this!?” So I’ve rounded up 10 items today (All found on Wayfair’s new registry!) and the reason why I wish we had put them on our list. Wayfair has literally everything you’d want to register for on there, which makes it a great nonstop shop! If only I could go back in time…
1. Pizza Paddle: We have had friends over a couple times for pizza nights where I’ll make a few different kinds of pizza and we never have anything to actually serve the pizza on. So usually I just use dinner plates or baking sheets, neither of which are ideal!
2. Round Serving Tray: While we have approximately 1,000 serving trays at the studio, none of them ever make it back home, so when I make something that needs a tray (instead of a bowl) to be served on, I once again resort to the handy dandy dinner plate.
3. Casserole Dish: There’s been a few times when we’ve gone to potlucks/Friendsgivings and I’ve always wished I had a casserole dish to bring my dish in. My mom always had 1,000 of these at home and yet it didn’t occur to me to register for one!
4. Dining Table: One thing we didn’t do was register for any large pieces that groups of guests could have “gone in” on together. Wayfair actually offers group gifting as an option, so guests can contribute to larger items on your registry. I LOVE this idea, and it allow guests to be a part of buying a major piece for your home!
5. Small Serving Bowl: More is not always more! I registered for a couple large salad bowls and mixing bowls but no smaller serving bowls for sides.
6. Mini Bowls: I always envy my friend’s collections of tiny bowls. That doesn’t sound weird or anything… haha! But we have no little bowls for things like hummus, guacamole, or taco fixings. I end up using our regular bowls and then we have none left to actually use for a meal!
7. Everyday Dinnerware: This never even crossed my mind because we had a decent set of dinnerware from my college days. When Samantha asked me how many sets of dinnerware I registered for I was like “Oh, I didn’t. That was dumb!” It would have been nice to get a new, higher quality set that I actually love.
8. Everyday Flatware: My Aunt’s signature gift is formal flatware. And we picked out the nicest, best most AMAZING set… which I now never use because all I want to do is stare at it. Looking back, I should have registered for an everyday set too, because we go through our four forks mighty quickly!
9. Cake Carrier: When we do family dinners, my sister in law usually makes dinner and I bring dessert. Except my cake carrier is uglyyyy! After our wedding I discovered these retro-style cake carriers and they are SO cute. So is this necessary? No. But I certainly would love to show up with one of these instead of the plastic one I’m currently sporting!
10. Cheese Board: For as many cheese plates as we make, you’d think I would have a cheese board. Alas, I do not. Definitely something that would get used 100 times over if we had registered for one!
So I’m curious, for those of you who are already married… anything you wish you registered for?? And for those of you who are engaged, be sure to check out Wayfair’s registry and that $20,000 sweepstakes. Did I mention they offer free shipping on EVERYTHING shipped directly to the couple. Oh, you know I love free shipping. Now who has a time machine so I can go back and take advantage of this… haha!