While I’m off being a newlywed, I’ve invited some schnazy talented pals of mine to share some DIYs, recipes + more to get you ready for Thanksgiving (and beyond!). Today Brittany from The House That Lars Built is taking over!
Brittany from The House That Lars Built here! My friend Hillary has a fun family tradition for Thanksgiving that I thought would be great fun to start in our family too. The day of Thanksgiving they lay out a bunch of craft supplies and everyone makes a hat for another person. The other person then has to wear it for the day. Yes, it’s completely silly and inane, but it does add some entertainment for the day. I love hats and crafts so it’s the perfect way to add some more flavor to one of my favorite holidays.
I wanted to make something for Kelly while she gets hitched that I thought she might love so I came up with a slice of pumpkin pie to top it off!
Fabric (if desired)
1. Make a “slice of pie” out of cardboard.
2. Cover the cardboard with the orange cardstock.
3. Make an accordion fold with the cream paper about 1/2″ thick and 3 1/2″ tall for the crust and glue in place.
4. Top it off with a dollop of whip cream by making a spiral with white paper.
5. Glue the pie onto a headband. I wrapped my headband with orange fabric so it would blend in.
All Photos by Cassidy Tuttle
Voila! Have a perfect crazy Thanksgiving!
Thanks Brittany! For more amazing DIYs and inspiration, head on over to The House That Lars Built!