Did ya know July was National Ice Cream Month!? Goodness, I love food holidays. They really should be more thoroughly celebrated, if you ask me. (Ever found what holiday your birthday is?? Mine’s National Peaches & Cream Day!) But back to the point… let’s celebrate July right with some scrumptious ice cream sandwiches, ok? And while I know you probably all love the Chipwich variety (Don’t deny it.) and the totally homemade variety, we’re going for a happy medium today. I give you… five easy ways to whip up ice cream sandwiches for a party!
1. Ritz Crackers: Crackers never looked so fancy, eh? Covered in chocolate with some delicious fancy ice cream in between? You may even have all those ingredients already in your pantry! Are you checking? Good.
Ritz Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches via Joy the Baker
2. Oreos: Toss (Um… eat) the cream and replace it with a frozen variety! The mini size is so great for party munching!
Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches via Bakerella
3. Pizzelles: Pizzelles! Or waffle cookies (TJs has some , if you don’t want to get that fancy. The best part about these though is that they’re rolled in sprinkles. And as we all know, sprinkles make everything better.
Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwiches via Style Me Pretty
4. Donuts: I repeat… donuts. Can we all agree that everyone on the planet loves those chocolate grocery store donuts? Don’t lie. My mom is the only person I know who doesn’t, actually! But she may even try these with the coffee ice cream and, yes, the nutella. I just can’t handle this.
Chocolate Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches via How To: Simplify
5. Saltines: If anyone told you saltines were just for sick days, they lied. Saltine ice cream sandwiches! Doesn’t that sound fascinating? We should all try it. If not just because there is also a brownie layer.
Saltine Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches via The Baking Bird
Wouldn’t it be fun to offer all these options and a selection of ice cream for a cute little ice cream bar!? Ahhh, perfection!
Have something you’d like to see in the “Five Things” series?