Ha, the title of this post makes me laugh! But, it’s true! Fourth of July is a great holiday for color blocking. How timely you are, Independence Day, for this trend! Of course, my first thought for incorporating the trend is through food. (Duh!) Jennie already got her color blocking on here, but now I bring you five (more) ways to color block your Fourth of July food. You already have the decor, favors and toppers covered… now get to the grocery store and whip up one of these!
1. Red, White and Blue Popsicles: I know you’ve all had one of those firecracker popsicles, so now make ’em at home! If there’s one thing that says summer, it’s a popsicle. Or just about anything you can find at an ice cream truck…
Red, White and Blue Popsicles via Brown Eyed Baker
2. Red, White and Blue Ice Cream Sandwiches: Speaking of ice cream! How awesome are these!? Mix up a batch of cookies, buy three flavors of ice cream and get to sandwich making!
Red, White and Blue Ice Cream Sandwiches via Apollinas
3. Red, White and Blue Panna Cotta Shooters: For those of you who want a little something fancier for your Fourth celebration, take a gander at these panna cotta shooters! Those gold stars you see on top? Absolutely required.
Red, White and Blue Panna Cotta Shooters via Sprinkle Bakes
4. Red, White and Blue Layer Cake: Ah, the color blocked layer cake. A Fourth of July version was definitely in order, so here you go!
Red, White and Blue Layer Cake via Krissy’s Creations
5. Red, White and Blue Daiquiris: I wouldn’t want to alienate those of you who prefer drinks to desserts, and I’ve really been loving the layered drinks all over Pinterest lately. Here’s an alcoholic version, the layered Daiquiri. Yum.
Red, White and Blue Daiquiris via The Food Network
Have something you’d like to see in the “Five Things to do with…” series? Let me know in the comments below!