Yesterday I shared the sweetest little free printables for serving an extra special breakfast in bed to mom this Mother’s Day, and today I wanted to give you few ideas for DIY-ing up something to go with that coveted meal! I think all of these would pair perfectly with those printables, and put a smile on mom’s face right from the start! Here’s five handmade ways to serve breakfast in bed!
1. On a fancy tray: I’ve been obsessed with this DIY tray since I first saw it! Turn the meal into the gift itself and make one of these to present all the breakfast goodies on!
2. DIY Printed Tea Towels: No paper napkins here! Have the kids craft a pretty set of tea towels to keep those crumbs wrangled. Yes, they really are easy enough for kiddos to do!
DIY Tea Towels via A Beautiful Mess
3. DIY Paper Poppies: So you all know how to make giant roses now, but if you want a paper flower option for wrapping in this special paper, here’s a great one! Paper poppies! A bouquet of these is just as wonderful as a bouquet of the fresh ones, and these will last longer, too!
DIY Paper Poppies via Twigg Studios
4. DIY Sleep Mask: You know what, maybe mom will want to go back to sleep after her pancakes, and that’s A-OK! Craft her one of these quirky cute masks to help her get her beauty rest!
DIY Sleep Mask via Henry Happened
5. DIY Confetti Mugs: Coffee looks better in confetti, doesn’t it!? Give plain white mugs a modern makeover before fillin’ up with the good stuff!
DIY Confetti Mugs via Feathers of Gold
Ok, now I really want someone to serve me breakfast in bed! I’m a mom to a dog… that counts, right!?
Have something you’d like to see in the “Five Things” series? Let me know in the comments below!