Easy Cheddar Egg Bake
An easy egg bake for your next brunch with a secret ingredient... mustard!
Servings: 9 squares
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk I use unsweetened plant-based milk and it works just fine, too!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp mustard We use spicy brown mustard or stone ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, beating well with a fork or whisk.
Pour into greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Cut into squares and serve immediately!
- Milk Substitutes: While the dish calls for milk, I often swap it for a plant-based milk and it turns out just as delicious! I use Plain Unsweetened Ripple milk, because that's what we usually have on hand, but another unsweetened plant-based milk would work as well.
- Double it for a crowd: As you can see in the photos, we almost always double this recipe and use a 9x13 pan to feed a crowd!
- Leftovers: If you have any, store in fridge and pop a square in the microwave for 30 seconds before serving!