Had to squeeze in one last mermaid-y DIY! Walked past a box of pre-made madeleines at the grocery store and immediately thought their shell shape needed to be turned into those pretty in pink oyster shells that seem to be on everything from pool floats to pins to bathing suits right now! So if you’re throwing a mermaid pool party, add some pink shell madeleines into the mix!
Pink Shell Madeleines
- Madeleines Two per shell, You can buy them at your local grocery store, or make them at home!
- <a rel="nofollow" href="https://amzn.to/29RVEIy" target="_blank">Pink Edible Color Mist</a>
- Frosting Store bought or homemade!
- Pink Food Coloring
- Sugar Pearls or Small Gumballs One per shell
- Follow the instructions on the can and spray the tops of the madeleines. Let air dry.
- Flip the madeleines and spray the under side of them as well. Let dry.
- Dye half of your frosting a pale pink and the other half a hot pink.
- Spread a thin layer of hot pink frosting on one madeleine and a thicker layer of pale pink frosting on another and sandwich the two together at the flat ends.
- Place a pearl in the pale pink frosting and let the frosting set up.
- To get your madeleines to sit flat, you can shave a small piece of the bottom madeleine off with a knife.
Photos by Jeff Mindell | Recipe by Theresa Rountree
I really feel like I need to embrace this mermaid life more this summer! I mean, Ariel was my favorite Disney princess after all…
p.s. A DIY Sequin Beach Bag!