I had too much fun with my emoji balloons and new I couldn’t stop with just that! So, I took a Christmas spin this time and made EMOJI ORNAMENTS! These would make GREAT teacher gifts, stocking stuffers, grab bag gifts, the list goes on! All I know is, we probably all feel each of these emotions over the holidays, so why not wear them on your tree. (See what I did there?)
White Ceramic Ornaments (I used these!)
Yellow Spray Paint (You can also use regular craft paint, but if you’re making multiple, spray paint is quicker!)
High-quality Paint Pens (I found Sakura’s Pen-Touch pens worked best)
1. Spray paint front and sides of the ornament yellow and let dry according to instructions on the can.
2. Each face is different, use the various colors of markers to draw and fill in the features of each emoji. You can see a few tips in the photos illustrating my favorite crazy-face above. In general, I recommend starting with the eyes. Be sure to let the paint dry completely. Some colors (like the white) will need more than one coat. So let the first coat try and then go back over it again.
3. Trace the outlines of any hard-to-mimmick details. You can see the outline of the mouth traced here, before filling in the tongue.
4. Try to avoid have to color light over dark. The tongue was done first here, followed by filling in the mouth around it so we didn’t have to color pink on top of black.
5. To make the string to hang it with, cut a piece of twine and tie the ends together in a knot. Slip the loop through the hole and pull the knot through the loop. Tada!
All Photos by Studio DIY
And there it is!!!!!!!!!! These also make great gift toppers, and they’d be pretty funny dangling around a wreath, eh!?
For more Christmas DIYs, click here!
Those turned out really cute! What a fun idea 🙂
Oh my goodness! My sister in-law would just adore these. She is the biggest emoji-sender ever. Thanks for this DIY!
Leah / Freutcake says
Now that’s one Instagrammable Christmas tree! 😉
So awesome. Love these, Kelly.
Adorable! My teens would get a huge kick out of this!
Les Gutierrez says
you’re seriously the best! <3
Gwen Burke says
These are genius! Totally making these 🙂
Monique | WritingMonique says
This is incredible! I love these ornaments, so unique!
Rachel | The Crafted Life says
Oh my goodness these are AMAZING!
SOOO much fun!
Could you use wood circles instead of ceramic?
Fabulous idea. I love it!! I am planning on making these for a second tree. What a hoot..
I am guessing I can make them out of wood disks too. I am just thinking the ceramic disk are a little heavy for say a table top tree? Thank you
Love these!please make more!!!
Katie McC says
These are awesome!!!!!!!
my granddaughter loves emoji’s and wants to have an emoji birthday, so I used cardboard to make circles and glued them together for sturdiness and painted them yellow and made her emoji pins’ and table scatter and emoji necklace’s for her friend’s, she will be really excited, my son drew them and they turned out really cute, love this idea too:) very cute!
I have started a small FB page for crafts called Bearly Art that focuses on unique craft projects. I was wondering if we could feature this post and your pictures to our page?
Of course all contribution will be to your blog.