Well folks, it’s official. Today is the real last day of summer. Please excuse me while I go cry in a corner. Though I will admit, I’ve already bought some pumpkin granola (YUM.) and am actually ready for it to not be 90 degrees outside everyday. Regardless, I had to bid summer farewell the only way I know how. With ice cream. I whipped up these cute ice cream boxes with my Cricut and they can be filled with all sorts of little goodies! Perfect as party favors or for holding gift cards and other little gifts! Everything is better when gifted inside of an ice cream cone, so let’s get to it.
Brown, White and Rainbow Cardstock
1. Open up this project in Cricut Design Space and follow the directions to cut out and score the top and bottom of your ice cream cone from brown stock, the ice cream scoop from white stock, the cherry from red stock and the sprinkles from rainbow stock.
2. Fold along all scored lines on the cone pieces. Then, start by gluing (with your glue stick) the tabs at the top of the cone and the bottom of the cone to their corresponding sides (as pictured).
3. Attach the bottom of the box (this has the extra tabs along the cone) to the top of the box by gluing each tab to it’s respective side, forming a complete 3D ice cream cone.
4. Before gluing the top of the cone to the bottom, be sure to fill it with whatever you so choose!
5. Glue your ice cream scoop on top of the ice cream shape on your box.
6. Finally, glue the sprinkles and cherry on as desired!
All Photos by Studio DIY
Thanks for being awesome, summer! Hurry back! (In the meantime, we’ll keep you on our brains with these little boxes.)
This post was created in partnership with Cricut, All content and opinions are that of my own! Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep the Studio DIY party going! Read more about my editorial policies here.