With Arlo in my life this year, my brain has been in full on Christmas mode since September. So Christmas ice cream cones in December is a thing that needed to happen!!!!!
We partnered with Blue Bunny Ice Cream today to add a little holiday spirit to two of their awesome flavors, Vanilla Bean and Cookie Butter. *quick pause* for an extra shout out to the cookie butter because it’s literally so delicious we were fighting over it… and they sent us like four containers. Haha!
Anyway, the Cookie Butter flavor was perfect for little reindeer ice cream cones and Vanilla Bean was perfect to turn into snowmen ice cream cones! All aboarddddd the holiday train, folks! How FUN would this be at a Christmas party where everyone could “build their own” cone!? All the accessories are made with candy and candy melts and are so easy to create.
DIY Reindeer + Snowman Ice Cream Cones
- For the Reindeer:
- Blue Bunny Cookie Butter Ice Cream
- Small Gumballs or Hard-Shell Chocolates
- Candy Melts in Desired Colors/Chocolate
- Cake Cones
- Piping Bag + Piping Tip
- Wax Paper
- For the Snowman:
- Blue Bunny Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Candy Melts in Orange + Other Desired Colors/Chocolate
- Cake Cones
- Two Sizes of Ice Cream Scoops
- Round Fruit or Other Round Object For molding the scarf
- Plastic Wrap
- Piping Bag + Piping Tip
- Wax Paper
- Paring Knife
- For the reindeer: Melt whatever color candy melt(s) you want to use for the antlers. Let cool slightly and fill a pastry bag with the melted chocolate.
- On a piece of wax piper set on top of a cookie tray, pipe small antler shapes.
- Place in fridge and let set for about 20 minutes (may vary depending on size!).
- Remove from fridge and peel off of wax paper.
- To assemble to cones: Place a large scoop of Blue Bunny Cookie Butter Ice Cream onto a cake cone. Place two antlers in the top of the scoop and finish with a gumball nose right in front!
- For the snowman: To give the scarves a rounded shape, so they fit perfectly on your snowmen, find any sort of round object in your house that is similar in size to your bigger ice cream scoop. We used clay and made our own, but you could use a lemon or toy ball, etc. Wrap whatever it is in plastic wrap.
- Melt whatever color candy melt(s) you want to use for the scarves. Let cool slightly and fill a pastry bag with the melted chocolate.
- On top of the plastic wrapped object, pipe out a scarf shape. See photo above!
- You can pipe several on one or use a few different objects, then place in the fridge to harden for about 20 minutes.
- While they're setting, melt the color you want to use for the buttons. Let cool slightly and fill a piping bag.
- Place a piece of wax paper ontop of a cookie sheet and pipe tiny dots of the chocolate. Place in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge and carefully pull the scarves and buttons off of the plastic wrap/wax paper.
- Finally, take orange candy melts and cut them into tiny triangles. These will be the nose!
- To assemble: Use your larger ice cream scoop and place a large scoop of Blue Bunny Vanilla Bean Ice Cream onto your cake cone. Then use the smaller scoop to place a second scoop right on top. Place the scarf on top of the larger scoop. Then add two buttons to the bottom scoop and a nose to the top one. Done!
Photos by Jeff Mindell | Food Styling Assistant: Theresa Rountree
If you decide to make these at a party, try offering all different colors for the “accessories” so everyone’s can be a little different! You could even use different color cones (OMG) and make it really really colorful. The possibilities are endless and they’ll totally be a hit with the whole fam!!!
This post is sponsored by Blue Bunny. All content and opinions are that of my own! Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep the Studio DIY party going! Read more about my editorial policies here.
That is sooo adorable, I love this idea!
Dying over the snowman ones! What a genius idea!!
Extremely cute! I want to make these too 😀
Sean Mahan says
These are soo adorable! I’m definitely going to make some to celebrate the holidays. Thanks!
Great idea I’ll defin try it out!
Great idea I’ll definitely try it out!
kanchipuram sarees says
I added it to my bookmark site
list and will be checking back in the near future. Please visit my website too and tell
me your opinion.
usps tracking says
The cream is very unique and delicious.
excellent blog post, thank you so much for share with us.
good post i am use this at my birthday
Why i cant controlling my tongue 😛
very nice pics and illustrations of your recipe. everything looks very tasty.
BTSC Notification says
I found it more informative and for blog post sharing.
Quickpayportal – Pay Your Bill online……https://quickpayportal.live/
QuickPayPortal: Make Medical Bill Payments Online at http://quickpayportal.today/
It is amazing and nice site…
Best Alternatives of Rabb.it for 2020 says
Rabb.it was the platform for those people who are looking to watch movies and video with their friends and family.