So… it feels like Valentine’s Day is basically tomorrow? How did that happen? In case you feel the same, these awesome and hilarious mugs (my latest Cricut project) are here to help you get prepare. And if you are so NOT ready for another holiday, I’m pretty sure these would rock your world year round, too. Because EVERYONE (!) needs a “This Is Why I’m Hot” mug. I MEAN! Let’s do this.
Travel Mug (I used these ceramic ones!)
Vinyl in Color of your choice (I used this gold currently sold out, but this copper is awesome! And this pink.)
Transfer Tape (This isn’t necessary but makes the job 1,000 times easier when lining up the typography)
Cricut Explore™ + Cutting Mat (*** See note below the instructions if you are not a Cricut owner!)
For the “This Is Why I’m Hot” Mug….
1. Open up this project in Cricut Design Space. Place your vinyl on the mat, set your machine’s setting to Vinyl and cut out the words.
2. Remove excess vinyl from the liner, leaving just your words. Place a piece of transfer tape over the entire phrase and follow package instructions for transferring to place on your mug as desired.
For the Kisses Mug….
1. Open up this project in Cricut Design Space. Place your vinyl on the mat, set your machine’s setting to Vinyl and cut out the lips.
2. Remove excess vinyl from the liner, leaving just your kisses. Place a piece of transfer tape over a kiss shape and follow package instructions for transferring. Place on your mug as desired, and then repeat with the remaining kisses!
***A few of you have mentioned that you don’t have a Cricut and would love a way to still be able to make the projects I share in partnership with them. Good news! I have a solution for you thanks to the new Print and Cut feature. If you’d like to make one of these projects and you don’t have a Cricut, follow the steps below. This will allow you to purchase the file (just $0.99!) and print and cut it by hand. I will warn you that this will be a bit more laborious as you will be hand cutting everything, but it’s a great solution for those of you who’ve asked!
1. Click the “Make It Now” button for the mug you want to make above.
2. Press the “Customize” button.
3. Select all images and click the “flatten” button in the pop-up menu on the right.
4. Hit “Go” and then hit “Print and continue”. At this point, your printer menu will pop up and you can print the image. After you hit print, it will ask you to make sure you have connected your Cricut Explore, but you can just ignore this as you are all finished! Once you’ve printed the template, you can trace it on to your vinyl and cut out the letters or shapes by hand. Tada!!!
All Photos by Studio DIY
Now go make some travel mugs, hot stuff!!! (Pssst…. told you eyes were the new pineapple! Perhaps lips are the new donut? I’ve got many a lip project up my sleeve!)
This post was created in partnership with Cricut, All content and opinions are that of my own! Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep the Studio DIY party going! Read more about my editorial policies here.