Edible cookie dough. It’s the epitome of life at it’s finest, and it’s sounding like it could be the next food trend? NOT MAD AT THAT, FOLKS! Jeff and I put Edoughble’s edible cookie dough in our wedding welcome bags and recently Samantha popped by Dō in NYC that serves cookie dough LIKE ICE CREAM and, well, we had to try our hand at this magic.
Theresa to the rescue!!! We made ours funfetti but if you’re a purist (#respect), you could just go straight chocolate chip, too. Whatever you decide, just try it. It only takes ten minutes! No baking. Just glorious, glorious cookie dough. Seriously. On to the recipe…
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour (*If concerned about consuming raw flour, you can toast it prior to use.)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles (We used these!)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar till light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and the vanilla. Add to the butter mixture. Mix till combined, it will be lumpy. Add in the flour and salt. Mix just till combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkles. Can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
Photos by Jeff Mindell | Recipe by Theresa Rountree
You guys this stuff is like crack. We have a gigantic bowl of it in our fridge that we’ve been not-so-gradually plowing through, spoonful by spoonful (just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds!).
p.s. Funfetti Chipwiches!