Even though the first day of fall isn’t technically until September 22nd, it always feels like Labor Day signifies the end of summer. So we’re squeezing in one final summer-y food idea so you can make ’em for any BBQs or parties you have this weekend. We’re sharing three ways to jazz up ice cream cones today!!
This is our first food video, thanks to our newest team member Rachel, and I’m super excited to share it with you guys. Mostly because it involves things like circus animal cookies and sprinkles but anyway…
Click here to go check out the video!!!
(Full recipes below!)
3 Ways to Jazz Up Ice Cream Cones
- For the Baked Alaska Cone:
- Large waffle cone
- Neapolitan ice cream
- Meringue 2 egg whites + 2 tablespoons sugar
- A culinary torch
- For the Rainbow Drumstick:
- Medium waffle cone
- Vanilla ice cream
- Homemade Magic Shell 1/2 cup chocolate chips + 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Chopped nuts
- For the Circus Animal Cookie Cone:
- Large waffle cone
- 3 marshmallows melted
- 10 crushed circus animal cookies
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Pink sprinkles
- Rainbow nonpareils
- For the Baked Alaska Cone, fill a large waffle cone with one scoop of Neapolitan ice cream. Freeze for one hour, or until ice cream is firm.
- Next, make the meringue topping. In a medium bowl, separate 2 egg whites and whip them on high speed. Once frothy, slowly add in the sugar. Continue whipping until fluffy, white stiff peaks form.
- When you’re ready to serve the cone, coat the ice cream in meringue, forming little peaks with a fork. Toast with a culinary torch until golden brown. Enjoy immediately!
- For the Rainbow Drumstick, begin by making the Homemade Magic Shell. Melt chocolate chips with coconut oil in the microwave until completely smooth. Then, pour a bit of the chocolate shell inside of a small waffle cone. Turn the cone over and roll it around in your hand, letting the excess chocolate drip out and coat the entire inside of the cone.
- Next, top the cone with one round scoop of vanilla ice cream and freeze for an hour until the ice cream is firm.
- Once firm, dip the ice cream in Magic Shell and quickly roll the cone in a mixture of chopped nuts and rainbow sprinkles. (Be sure to work fast, as the chocolate shell will harden quickly once it touches the ice cream!)
- Serve immediately, or store in the freezer until ready to eat!
- For the Circus Animal Cookie Cone, start by crushing up frosted circus animal cookies into small pieces. Then, heat 3 large marshmallows in the microwave for about 30 seconds (or until they puff up.)
- Next, stir the marshmallows and coat them outside the top portion of a large waffle cone. Quickly roll the marshmallow-coated cone into the animal cookie crumbs, before it sets.
- When ready to serve, place two large scoops of vanilla ice cream into the animal cookie cone and top with pink sprinkles and rainbow nonpareils.
Which one is your fave!?!