I am so darn obsessed with this Christmas balloon wreath. We were originally just going to make it as a prop for our holiday balloon photo shoot but then we all fell in love with it and I just had to teach you guys how to make one too!
This is the perfect DIY for a holiday party. It’s simple to put together and makes a big BIG impact, and you can easily swap out one of your permanent wreaths for it, or just hang it up somewhere new with a removable hook! Here’s the scoop!
DIY Christmas Balloon Wreath
Total Time: One Hour
Green Balloons (We used approx. 40, and we offer a variety of green balloons here plus the mint-y ones in our party pack here.)
Red, Peach and Pink Balloons
Balloon Air Pump (Not required, but incredibly helpful. Haha!)
24" Wire Wreath
Bow Template (Enlarged to 200%)
Poster Board or Ribbon
1. Inflate about 40 green balloons. They should be under inflated so that they are round and small, and should be a variety of sizes! Also inflate about a dozen or so pink/red/peach balloons, also under-inflated!
2. Begin zip tying the green balloons to the wire wreath, pushing them together as you go. Fill the entire wreath.
3. Once the wreath is filled, you're going to go in and add additional green balloons along with red and pink ones as "ornaments" using the balloon tape. Place each balloon where you think you want it BEFORE adding the tape, because it can be hard to move them around once the tape is on. You don't want them to pop!
4. Move, add and adjust the balloons until you're happy with it!
5. Make a giant bow using the template (enlarged to 200%) out of poster board for a more modern look and tie a piece of fishing line through the back loop. Then attach it to the top of the wreath! If you just use ribbon to make your bow, you can just tie or tape it right onto the wreath as it won't be as heavy!
6. Hang and enjoy!!
If you make one of these, don’t forget to tag #studiodiyballoons so I can see and share it!!!