HALLELUJAH! It’s raining men. If you wanted an excuse to be surrounded by your favorite heartthrobs on Halloween, allow me to assist you. We made a raining men DIY costume!!!!
Inspired that forever favorite song, it’s pretty simple to put together and you may already have most of the things you need!
- Print Outs of Heartthrobs (You’ll need two of each, one printed as-is and one printed on a “mirror” setting on your printer so that it is flipped. This way they will match up when glued together!)
- Fishing Line
- Sewing Needle
- Glue Stick
- Rain Boots
- Trench Coat
How To Make An “It’s Raining Men” Inspired Costume
- Cut out the heads of the all the heartthrobs.
- Cover the back of one with a glue stick and lay a length of fishing line on top. Place another heartthrob on top of that, sandwiching the fishing line in-between. We made our fishing line all different lengths, though with the wind they all got quite tangled. If you will be outdoors a lot in your costume, I’d recommend making the strings shorter and even attaching some directly to the edge of the umbrella.
- Use a needle to stitch each length of fishing line to the umbrella. Trim the excess fishing line.
- Wear a dress, trench coat and rain boots and you’re good to go!
Photos by Jeff Mindell
Bonus points if you just have spotify on repeat playing the song all night. I expect many videos of this one in the #studiodiyincostume feed… mmmkay!?
Remember, if you make a Studio DIY costume, be sure to share it on Instagram with #studiodiyincostume so we can feature it on the blog!!