I bought a little set of wooden blocks off a discount craft site a little while ago and they’ve been burning a hole in my crafting pocket every since. I have a few ideas I’m going to play around with for holiday gifts, but in the meantime here are five awesome projects to do with a set of simple wood blocks! All of these ideas would make perfect gifts, and fantastic party decor, activities and attire! Oh yes, I’ve covered all three.
1. DIY Color Blocked Wooden Blocks: Why yes, you should color block your blocks. How gorgeous are these? They’d be a great gift for kids to stack (and knock down) and for adults who need something pretty to play with on their desk during long phone calls.
DIY Color Blocked Wooden Blocks via Etsy
2. DIY Wooden Block Puzzle: Not just one puzzle, a wooden block puzzle makes up to six puzzles, in one! Depending on how ambitious you’re feeling of course. Paint the blocks to form a different shape, letter or number on each side. What a great education tool, and gift! Who doesn’t love puzzles?
DIY Wooden Block Puzzle via Momtastic
3. DIY Wooden Block Necklace: This would make a great gift, ya know, for me. I love this! Pick the recipients favorite color, add a neutral and a metallic and BAM! An awesome necklace that you probably won’t even want to give up.
DIY Wooden Block Necklace via Lulu the Baker
4. DIY Chalkboard Wooden Blocks: Break out the chalkboard paint, people! I love the idea of packaging these up with a bunch of chalk as a cute little holiday or birthday gift, but they’d also make a great activity at a little one’s birthday party.
DIY Chalkboard Wooden Blocks via Momtastic
5. DIY Wooden Block Birthday Candle Holders: Dye a few blocks with food coloring, drill a hole and you have perfect birthday candle holders! I think a bunch of these in rainbow hues would be amazing atop a simple sheet cake, no?
DIY Wooden Block Birthday Candle Holders via Hank & Hunt
Have something you’d like to see in the “Five Things” series? Let me know in the comments below!