In true Studio DIY fashion, it was time to turn Easter eggs into food again. We’ve done pineapples, ice cream cones and now we’re serving up some burger Easter eggs! You don’t even have to dye eggs for this one… you can just use brown ones! WOOOO!
DIY Burger Easter Eggs
Total Time: 30 Mins
Hardboiled Brown Eggs
Non-Toxic Red and Brown Markers
White Non-Toxic Paint Marker
Green Streamers or Tissue Paper
White School Glue
1. Draw a brown stripe around the lower third of the egg. Let dry for about one minute.
2. Draw a red stripe just above the brown one and let dry again.
3. While drying, cut three tiny triangles (per egg) out of yellow paper.
4. Glue the triangles onto the egg, spacing them evenly apart around it.
5. Cut a skinny strip of your green streamers, long enough to fit around the egg plus some. Run a line of glue around the egg and then glue the strip to the egg, "ruffling" it as you go by folding over and gathering the streamers in some places as you adhere it. Let dry.
6. Draw white "seeds" on the top half of the egg and let dry.
Photos by Jeff Mindell
Kinda hope you’ll serve yours up in a burger basket too with some faux fries on the side. Haha!
p.s. Burger balloons!
How utterly cool is that, it’s the first time I have seen such an idea. Awesome!!
Giselle @ The Busy Spatula says
You’re RIDICULOUS. This is all kinds of cute and creative!
Kristina B says
And eggs are SO GOOD on burgers so WHOOOAAAAAAAA mind blown
Monique | WritingMonique says
How awesome are these?! I love the little cheese bit! haha!
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. These are amazing.
Trina and Tina says
Just the cutest. EVER! So inspired! Thanks!
Ideas para decorar says
Wow! This idea are lovely! Brilliant!
Cathy | Cathonketo says
Thank you for creating this tutorial! It is our Easter Egg Decorating roundup! 🙂
Genesis Rivas says
My name is Genesis Rivas and I am an editorial intern at PureWow, a women’s lifestyle site. We’re working on a Easter roundup and would love permission to use one of your images on our website and platforms. We’ll credit you and also share the link with you when the story is live.
If that’s OK, could you please take a minute to fill out this brief form? (Which also shows the photo we are requesting)
Thanks so much,