I’m still in love with our celebrity matching game we made for Valentine’s Day that I thought these celeb illustrations from Nocturnal Paper needed some more on-camera ACTION! Easter was up next, so celebrity Easter eggs it is! And we threw in some of their signature phrases, lyrics and nicknames for good measure. Tattoo paper is all you need, easy peasy! Just print + stick! BAM!
DIY Celebrity Easter Eggs
Total Time: 30 minutes
1. Print out the celebrity printables on tattoo paper and adhere the clear liner according to package instructions. I find it easier to cut each tattoo separately and apply the liner individually, than to apply it to the whole sheet, but that's up to you!
2. If you want to dye the eggs you're using the phrases on, now's the time to do that. You can't dye the eggs that your'e putting the faces on, unless you want the skin colors to be hot pink and blue! Haha! Mix one tsp vinegar, about 15-25 drops of food coloring (depending on how intense you want the colors) and one cup of hot water in a bowl or cup.
3. Place the egg in the bowl and let it sit for 3-5 minutes, again, depending on how intense you want the colors. Remove from dye and let dry.
4. While the colored eggs are drying, you can apply the faces to the white eggs. Peel the clear liner off of the tattoo and place it face down on the egg. Press and hold a damp paper towel over it for at least 30 seconds.
5. Lift the paper towel and see if the paper easily slides off, if not, continue holding the paper towel on top for another 20-30 seconds.
6. Once the dyed eggs are dry, you can use the same technique to adhere the phrases to them!
I hope you enjoy the egg puns we threw in there as much as I do. hahahaha!
p.s. Lisa Frank Easter Eggs!