I’ve mentioned a couple times how easy it is to turn a dress into a lemon (or orange, or lime!) costume with just a hat, but I wanted to take things up one notch with this one and make citrus slice costumes! It’s such a fun costume for a trio… or pair it with a strawberry and pineapple for a full fruit situation!
We put together a video tutorial for all our fruit Halloween costumes (+ their free printables!). Check it out below!
What You’ll Need
- Dress or T-Shirt
- Citrus Slice Template
- Adhesive White Felt
- Felt in the same color as your dress/shirt
- Brown Felt
- Green Felt
- Stretchy headband
- Hot glue
How To Make A Citrus Slice Costume
- Cut the citrus slice template out and lay on top of your felt.
- Cut out and repeat three more times for four citrus wedges total
- Adhere to one side of your dress or t-shirt.
- Cut a half circle shape out of felt, about 1.5″ wide, that fits around the citrus wedges.
- Adhere to dress.
- For the hat, cut a circle out of cardboard about 6″ wide. You can make this larger or smaller depending on how big you want the hat to be.
- Wrap the cardboard in the citrus-colored felt and hot glue.
- Roll up a small piece of brown felt to form a stem. Hot glue to the center top of the circle.
- Cut out a leaf shape from green felt. Pinch at the bottom and hot glue.
- Glue leaf to the circle, next to the stem.
- Hot glue a headband to the bottom of the circle.
Photos by Jeff Mindell
Cute, right!? If you have a little one, it would also be cute to be a lemon and have your kiddo be a lemon slice! Eeeep! Adorable.
Remember, if you make a Studio DIY costume, be sure to share it on Instagram with #studiodiyincostume so we can feature it on the blog!!
p.s. DIY Pie Slice Costumes!
This is such a cute idea, you three look so good!
Merlynn Wierzbicki says
These are all so adorable. How can I just pick one?