I’ve mentioned a couple times how easy it is to turn a dress into a lemon (or orange, or lime!) costume with just a hat, but I wanted to take things up one notch with this one and make citrus slice costumes! It’s such a fun costume for a trio… or pair it with a strawberry and pineapple for a full fruit situation!
We put together a video tutorial for all our fruit Halloween costumes (+ their free printables!). Check it out below!
DIY Citrus Slice Costumes
Total Time: One Hour
1. Use the provided template to cut out four citrus wedges from white felt.
2. Place the citrus wedges along a straight side of the felt, just as you would lay them out on the side of the dress. Trace a half circle around them. Then trace another, about 1.5" wider than the last. Cut out this shape to form the rind of the citrus slice.
3. Cut strips of hem tape the length of each side of the wedges and adhere to the felt. Peel off the backing and adhere to the side of the dress. Press firmly to secure it to the dress.
4. Adhere strips of hem tape along the entire rind. Peel off the backing and adhere to the dress, around the wedges you just placed on.
5. Pair with a fruit hat and you're ready to go!
Photos by Jeff Mindell
Cute, right!? If you have a little one, it would also be cute to be a lemon and have your kiddo be a lemon slice! Eeeep! Adorable.
Remember, if you make a Studio DIY costume, be sure to share it on Instagram with #studiodiyincostume so we can feature it on the blog!!
p.s. DIY Pie Slice Costumes!