It’s always exciting to get invited to a party, but let’s just make it more exciting… shall we? Yes, I’m a paper lover through and through but sometimes for small parties, I think it’s pretty cool to amp up the invitation a bit and think outside of the box (Remember these!?)! These crazy ideas are extra perfect if everyone you’re inviting is local (No shipping costs. Yay!), but I just can’t get over how insanely happy I’d be to receive a stuffed animal, a confetti popper or, hey, a slice of cake with an invitation to even more fun attached! Here’s a few of my favorite recent ways to create party invitations your guest can’t forget!
Top 5 DIY Party Invitations
1. Make Party Invitations with a Stuffed Animal: My mom (and her current attic situation) can attest to the fact that I was a total stuffed animal hoarder as a kid. I think I would have lost my cool if I saw a party invitation that was, in fact, in the form of one of my favorite plushy toys! How about you!?
DIY Stuffed Animal Party Invitations via A Subtle Revelry
2. Make Party Invitations With a Slice of Cake: Ok, ok… this isn’t a real slice of cake. (But I bet you could do that too for super local, neighborhood parties!) It’s actually a sponge. A sponge! Bet I tricked ya, huh? I think this is so genius and the postcard form could totally be adapted into an invitation. So. Awesome.
DIY Cake Postcard Party Invitations via SheKnows
3. Make Party Invitations With a Bag of…: A bag of peanuts! A bag of popcorn! A bag of gumballs! Print your invitation on a bag and fill it with treats, then leave it on the invitees doorsteps for a good ol’ edible kick off to your event!
DIY Brown Bag Party Invitations via Confetti Sunshine
4. Make Party Invitations With a Hidden Message: Perfect for the kiddos, turn secret message decoders into invitations so all of the details are TOP secret… you know, until the parents need to know where to drive them…
DIY Secret Message Decoder Party Invitations via bloesem kids
5. Make Party Invitations Inside a Confetti Popper: When I made these surprise message poppers, I thought they’d be good for so many things… even invitations! Print up your invitation wording and hide it inside the popper and guests will be coming to the party already covered in confetti. Does life get any better!?
DIY Surprise Message Confetti Popper Party Invitations via Studio DIY
psst.. One more cool way to invite someone to a party? As a piece of party decor itself! Pay it (party) forward, folks!
Have something you’d like to see in the “Five Things” series?