My favorite holiday movie is The Holiday. I’d say about 80% of the reason for that is that magical tent scene. (The other 20% is their HOMES!) Last year, I took inspiration from it and turned our bed into a Holiday inspired tent for a fun movie night during the Christmas season. It was SO magical and dreamy and I’m not sure who was more excited about it, me or my toddler.
You really only need a few simple supplies to do so, and it is a SHOW stopper for kids (and for adults, honestly) so I thought I’d share a couple pics and some inspiration for anyone who wants to give this a whirl over their holiday break!
How To Make The Tent from The Holiday
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A structure to build on – A four-poster/canopy bed, a camping tent structure, a play fort, a few chairs back to back, anything that you can drape with fabric!
- Sheets, towels, fabric and/or blankets (Lighter colors work better with the twinkle lights!)
- LED twinkle lights (LED Christmas lights can work, too!)
- Paper snowflakes or stars
- Ribbon, twine and/or clips to hold things up
- Cozy pillows
There’s really no rules here! Toss as many blankets, sheets and towels over the structure that you can forming a “tent” feel.
Then, start adding in your twinkle lights. Add them in every corner you can, around any of the support pieces you used and even along the floor!
Finally, hang up the snowflakes and garlands… and fill the space with cozy pillows!
Making Paper Snowflakes
Did you ever make these in elementary school!? Spoiler alert: They’re still fun to make as an adult!
You can learn how to fold them here, and then there’s about one million pattern tutorials on the internet, or make up your own!
Holiday Movies to Stream From the Holiday Tent!
Need ideas for what holiday movies, shows and specials to watch from inside this magical tent!? Check out a full list of my favorites, and where to stream each of them, right here!
Photos by Jeff Mindell
There is truly nothing like a tent and twinkle lights to scream childhood, Christmas magic!! Merry Christmas!
Mia G says
This looks so absolutely dreamy!
Tammy Thiele says
This is absolute magic! Both for families and for couples! Bookmarking for next year for our viewing of The Holiday…it will knock my families socks off!
Hence while cv writing service uk any best essay writing service provider
no need to be fussy. let’s play now — Drift Hunters
No one is enforcing any norms at all. Create a “tent” effect by draping as many blankets, sheets, and towels as you can over driving directions the framework. You may then begin putting up your string lights. Put them in all the nooks and crannies, all over the floor, and all around the pieces of support you utilized.
Wow, your photography is up to the mark. And really loved reading your blog. But in case if you want help crafting new content do consider hiring professional yet affordable content writing in london. As they are very good at creating unique and attractive content.