Add easy snowflake macarons to your Christmas cookie platters or winter celebrations this year!
Upgrade store bought macarons (or make them from scratch!) with just two things: a stencil and powdered sugar. Yes, it’s that easy, even children could help with this project. No fancy frosting or piping skills required!
Supplies for Snowflake Macarons
I used this snowflake stencil and powdered sugar to make these winter themed macarons.
Step by Step Snowflake Macaron Tutorial
- Position your stencil over the macaron.
- Using your sifter, sift the powdered sugar over the stencil until the shape is covered.
- Swiftly and carefully lift the stencil off the macaron.
- If you want your stencil to very centered, I recommend poking a tiny hole with your toothpick in the center of the macaron for guidance.
- You can use the tip of a toothpick to touch up any powdered sugar that has fallen significantly out of place when you removed the stencil.
No two snowflakes are the same, after all! If you make a slight mistake, use a toothpick to help clean up the powdered sugar.
These snowflake macarons are delicate! You can move them around, to place on a platter or other display, but be careful not to drop them!
Can I Use Store Bought Macarons?
You can absolutely use store bought macarons. You can buy macarons from a local French bakery or check the freezer section at your local grocery store or Target. They are budget friendly and will make a beautiful backdrop for these stenciled snowflakes!
How To Serve Snowflake Macarons
Here are a few ideas for how to serve snowflake macarons:
- Displayed on a cake stand dusted with powdered sugar
- On a platter with other Christmas cookies
- Packaged in boxes as treats or favors for a party
Try It With: Peppermint Macarons
Don’t want to use store bought macarons? Try these stencils with our peppermint macaron recipe!
These would be a delicious addition to any Christmas cookie plate.
All Photos by Studio DIY
These are a delicious and easy crowd pleaser, your guests and recipients will be so impressed!
I received this stencil as a part of the 12 Months of Martha program, all content and opinions are that of my own.