I couldn’t be happier that the entire internet is obsessed with unicorn food right now. We’ve got hot chocolate, we’ve got cakes, we’ve got milkshakes, but you wanna know what we didn’t find? A unicorn blondie sundae! So we made one… with pink blondies, rainbow ice cream and a serious helping of sprinkles and candy!!!! This would be the birthday dessert of the CENTURY, don’t ya think!? Because who doesn’t love a good brownie sundae?
Oh, and there’s a normal size one and a super size one, for obvious reasons.
Unicorn Brownie Sundaes
- Rainbow Ice Cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 1 14- oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pink Blondies:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Food Coloring
- Candy Necklaces
- Colorful Marshmallows
- For the ice cream: Whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form (in stand mixer or by hand).
- Gently mix in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt till fully combined.
- Divide evenly into 7 bowls. Color as desired (neon pink, orange, yellow, neon green, turquoise, baby blue, neon purple etc.). Leave the last bowl white.
- Drop small spoonfuls of the ice cream mixture, alternating through all the colors and the white, into a freezer safe container with a lid. Gently tap container on the counter to help the ice cream settle and get rid of air pockets.
- Repeat, layering spoonfuls of colored ice cream until all of the ice cream has been transferred into the container. Cover with lid.
- Freeze overnight.
- For the blondies: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in white chocolate chips and whisk till smooth and chocolate is melted thoroughly. Remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
- Combine eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Whisk on medium speed till light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the butter mixture to the egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the flour and salt. Mix gently till combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool. Cut into squares.
- To assemble sundae: Start with a couple of blondies on a plate. Top with a of couple scoops of rainbow ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles, and rainbow candies and sprinkles of your choice!
Photos by Jeff Mindell | Recipe by Theresa Rountree
The super sized massive one is just EVERYTHING. We figured we had to go big…. or go home. 😉 By the way! If you’re looking for an awesome sprinkle source, we bought ours from Sweetapolita! She makes amazing custom sprinkle mixes and we used the “Flight of the Unicorn” mix for this one. It did NOT disappoint!!!
Looks great! What food coloring did you use for this?
Thanks!! Theresa used gel food coloring, it’s our favorite for getting those bright colors! You can find a “starter set” here: http://amzn.to/2mgTJAh
Kristina B says
Dude PINK BROWNIES?!?!? You know I have to get down on this…
It’s the only way to go!
Christine Peel says
This looks amazing! I have a soon to be 10 year old niece that would freak out if I made this for her birthday.
Yessss! #bestauntever 😉
Indya | TheSmallAdventurer says
WOW. This looks so incredibly sweet. 10-year-old me would probably cry at getting the chance to eat it, but will 20-year-old me be able to handle all that sweetness? I’ve saved it to give it a go at a later date, so only time will tell!
Ha! It’s definitely a major sugar rush but so much fun! And the ice cream is surprisingly easy to make!!
Wow, this looks so bright and colorful, amazing!
interior design products says
Looking great and colorful also. Lovely pics. Thanks for sharing it.
Everything about this is just freaking amazing! This is the most beautiful desert I have ever seen! I bet it tasted as good as it looked! 😀
Nicole Underwood Gonzalez says
Like, OMG, these are AMAZIIIIIIING!!! My daughter would flip out!! I gotta try them! 💕 I can’t even imagine the sugar high!! LOL
Vicky Sullivan says
Looks over the top yummy!
Rachael @ Rachael's Foodie Life says
OMG Kelley this sundae is everything!! I am loving the unicorn trend but this is the best thing i have seen!!
JESSICA LYNN says
I HAVE LUVED LISA FRANK SINCE I WAS 10! I’M IN MY LATE 40’S AND I STILL BUY LISA FRANK PRODUCTS FOR MYSELF, MY KIDS AND GRANDKIDS! (ALL GIRLS) IT MAKES ME HAPPY TO SEE POSTS AND ITEMS FOR SALE BY LISA FRANK! MY FIRST TRAPPER KEEPER HAD LOLLIPOPS, CANDY, ICE CREAM ALL OVER IT! I HOPE TO ONE DAY FIND THIS PRINT AGAIN FOR MY KIDS ETC! I’M FOREVER HOOKED!
I love Lisa frank stuff
Liswa Kante says
I Absolutely Love It
Totally Worth It
Making It For My Birthday