One of my most favorite things to do each Christmas is pick out my wrapping paper theme. HA! *PAPER NERD ALERT!* Completely re-doing all your holiday decor each year isn’t doable for most, but picking a new and different gift wrap scheme TOTALLY is! You can go trendy. You can go BOLD! You can pick weird colors or traditional colors. It’s the BEST! So I thought I’d round up four of my favorite gift wrap pairings this year in case you needed a little inspo! It was also a great excuse to buy all the wrapping paper I really wanted so… thanks, guys! 😉
Did I mention your theme should have a name? I call the one above…
You wanna pizza me, Santa?
Pizza | Santa | Gold Stripes | Red + Gold Spots
Gold Ribbon | Candy Cane Yarn | Pom Pom Trim | Red Ribbon | Mini Santa Hats | Reindeer Tag
Let It GLOW!
Green | Pink Glitter | Neon Triangles | Don’t Judge Me
Tinsel | Koosh Balls | Hot Pink Ribbon | Neon Ribbon | Jingle Gift Tag | Tree Gift Tags
Santa, Kanye Hear Me?
Kanye | Emoji | Black + White Squiggles | Red Glitter
Red Ribbon | Striped Ribbon | White Elastic | Honeycombs | Mini Santa Hats
Joy to the (Girl) World
Neon Brush Stroke | Bubblegum | Gold Stars | Pink Glitter
Mini Honeycomb | Glitter Foam | Hot Pink Ribbon | Light Pink Ribbon | Heart Gift Topper
And my five tried and true tips for picking your own theme:
1. Include one traditional holiday color to keep it feeling festive! I consider these to be red, green, gold or silver.
2. Mix patterns big and small. You shouldn’t have all large patterns or all small patterns, mix it up! And when in doubt, add in a solid color! Check the art store if you can’t find a color you like in the gift wrap section.
3. Look beyond the holiday wrap! Check the regular gift wrap section of stores like Target, Michaels and IKEA. They often have great metallic wraps or subtle patterns to complement more festive ones.
4. Dig through the junk drawer or the craft closet for trims! We dug up: honeycombs, pom poms, glitter foam, tinsel and even elastic that we used in place of ribbon! It’s a great way to use up things that have been collecting dust all year.
5. Splurge and save. Pick out one or two “splurge” wraps, from small businesses or artists and pair them with more affordable options from Target or the dollar store. Save the fancy gift wrap for the recipients who are paper freaks like you. 😉 They’ll appreciate it!
Photos by Jeff Mindell
What’s your holiday gift wrap style!? Tell me tell me!
Monique | WritingMonique says
How adorable! I love gift wrapping 🙂
I’m a fan of solid colors or kraft paper (sometimes dressed up with washi tape), but I’ve got a soft spot for the super cute prints by MEE+MIN.
Kristina B says
OMG LOVED seeing all the prints I recognize from small brands! And in CASE you were in need, Julie Ann Art also makes pizza tape. Which I have in my shop 🙂
These are SO fun! I love wrapping presents and I theme my wraps every year too 🙂 last year I stamped my own designs onto brown paper and this year I’m going all singing, all dancing – brights, pompoms, origami flowers – the works!
Run 3 says
Your way is great! My daughter was very excited with the balls! They are creative and fun to play with these balls!
Upack India says
Its very nice information for m………………thank you for sharing
Merry Jarden says
Special Offer On Corrugated Boxes. Place Your Order & Get Up-to 10% Discount on Corrugated Packaging online
Pooja jain says
Very amazing post!
A lot thanks for sharing with us,
We are again come on your website,
Thanks and good day,
Please visit our site,